Product descriptionMinimum Unity Version Required: 2017.1.1f1 | Asset Published Date: 15 Mar 2018 | Price: $15.00.
FES is a different kind of retro pixel game framework (really).
It aims to create an ideal, low friction framework for making pixel-perfect retro games from the early 90s era.
FES takes advantage of the portability, and the ease of deployment that Unity provides, but does away with the Unity Editor interface in favour of a traditional game loop, and code-only development.
- Pixel perfect rendering
- RGB and Indexed color mode, with palette swapping support
- Primitive shape rendering, lines, rectangles, ellipses, pixels
- Multi-layered tilemaps with TMX file support
- Rendering to and from offscreen surfaces with custom sizes
- Text rendering, with text alignment, overflow settings, and custom pixel font support
- Custom shader support
- Sound and Music APIs
- Simplified Input handling
- Optional wide and tall pixel support (think 1980s computer games)
- Post processing and transition effects, such as scanlines, screen wipes, screen shake, fade, pixelate and more
For a more information and a very in-depth documentation please have a look at these pages: